Sunday, September 14, 2008

Larry




I've been meaning for a while now to blog about my friend Larry. Larry left this world 4 years ago and a day hasn't passed that he hasn't been in my thoughts at least some point during the day. I feel so blessed to have had him in my life, and I know there are many others who felt the same. We first met on December 26, 2001 and were immediate friends. He knew no strangers and had a pleasant word for everyone. He was the best shopping buddy and a true "guys guy". Loved to laugh, be serious, good conversation, dancing, music and people. We spent many a night putting together jigsaw puzzles or laughing over nothing. I remember one time we went to a movie and laughed through just about the whole movie, what was strange tho, seemed like we were the only ones laughing. A few days after Larry passed I started finding pennies in strange places. I received an email not long after that about pennies from heaven.

Out of this tragedy I was blessed again and made another friend who i'm sure will be in my life forever. Her name is Joanne and what a blessing she has been. Jo and I had never met, but had talked at length on the phone when we decided to meet to "visit Larry". Was so strange when we met, we had on almost the identical clothes, same hairstyle and the same weird sense of humor. As we were talking I mentioned finding the pennies, wouldn't you know it, Jo had been finding them too. Thing about it though, I would find mine face down and she would find her's face up. So today I'd like to memorialize Larry and hope he's looking down on me from heaven. Here's too you buddy!! Gone, but certainly not forgotten.

4 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Some people pass through our lives and leave a lasting impression, much as your Friend Larry. Others come into our lives, then leave and we are hard pressed to remember their name----ships passing in the night----. It was very thoughtful of you to put into righting a tribute to your friend Larry.

Judi said...

It is nice that Larry had a friend like you!!

Lexi said...

I am happy that you were able to have larry in your life. Even if It wasn't for as long as you would have liked, you had him and that's all that matters.

Wendy said...

WoW, What a powerful post, I know you miss him every day. It's funny how God replaces people with just the right replacement. Hugs to you!

Love those pennies from heaven!