We have a hummingbird feeder in our backyard and every year I look forward to them coming back around. I could spend hours watching them, they are so funny. Yesterday I needed to refill their feeder and I caught about 7 of them going at it. Was so funny to watch the dominate ones trying to keep the other ones away. I caught some of them with my camera flying around. But what a hoot watching the male ones (I think they're the ones with the red on their necks), getting all puffed up and chasing the other ones . The whole thing lasted for about 10 minutes, them zooming back and forth. All the while, Jersey was just laying there, protecting the world.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Long time, no blog
We have a hummingbird feeder in our backyard and every year I look forward to them coming back around. I could spend hours watching them, they are so funny. Yesterday I needed to refill their feeder and I caught about 7 of them going at it. Was so funny to watch the dominate ones trying to keep the other ones away. I caught some of them with my camera flying around. But what a hoot watching the male ones (I think they're the ones with the red on their necks), getting all puffed up and chasing the other ones . The whole thing lasted for about 10 minutes, them zooming back and forth. All the while, Jersey was just laying there, protecting the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
We have two large feeders in the back of the house. I haven't been filling them these days. I was spending a fortune on sugar. I had to fill them up twice a week.
egads, I knew there was sommething I forgot to do---poor lil hummers, forgot to fill the feeder---damn!! Yes its the Males that have the Color. We get both redheads and Green headed hummers here----year round. (get smaller feeders Judi---course you'll have to fill em up more often, so maybe just go with them big suckers your using now)---they got all thos avacado trees to polinate.
Gary
http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/
OK 11 days since you last blogged and all you can come up with is Hummingbirds!!?? Good grief!
Just kiddin, you know I love ya, what about what you did on Saturday?!!!
Give us something more than birds!
like mud or ball games! LOL
We have some exciting lives don't we?
Post a Comment