Sorry to say i've been MIA again here recently. Looking over the blogs, seems like I'm not the only member of my family who has been having the same affliction. lol Seems like there has been a lot going on in Kalos World that I wasn't prepared for, so i've been having a little down time trying to come to terms with everything. So here's a brief update.
Marisa had her last day of school on Friday and will be starting as an 8th grader next year. Gosh, I can't hardly believe it, one more year she'll be in high school. But she had a better year than in some in the past. Seems like she has a great group of friends and has managed to stay half way out of trouble. She actually went to her first concert the other night to see one of her favorite bands. Here's a pic with her friend Andrea. She'll be heading to PA after we come back from Josh's graduation to spend some time with her grandparents in PA.
Josh seems to be doing well in boot camp. He only has 27 days left before he graduates and becomes a Marine. His letters seem pretty upbeat and positive, but I know he misses home. I'm sure it's been quite an adjustment for a laid back guy like him, who liked to sleep until 2 in the afternoon, to having to get up at 04:00 as he calls it. I've definitely seen an increase in maturity from him, and I hope the process doesn't eliminate that laid back quality of his. The last big test they have is something called the "Crucible" which I'm sure everyone has seen glimpses of, but not the whole thing. It's a very intense, 54 hour grueling ritual that all Marines must complete before they can graduate. This wonderful site that i've joined has started a prayer chain for the time, so if you'd like to participate, just let me know.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You forgot the picture of Marissa!!!
What a great picture of her smiling, she looks like she is having a Ball!!
I wrote Josh a letter a couple weeks back, hope he got it, Can't wait to see him when he get home!
Post a Comment