Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He Did It!!!

Tomorrow we are leaving to bring Josh home after 13 long weeks, many tears, and the toughest thing he's ever gone through. I am so excited, I bet I won't be able to sleep for the next 2 nights. My son is now a Marine!!! I am so very proud of him and can't even begin to imagine the things that he has done.
Thursday is Family Day, that will be the first time that I get to see him. The banner made with love will be proudly held, and I just hope that I can pick him out of the crowd of 300 other new Marines. We get to spend the day with him after that, having him back to his barracks by 14:45 (like that new military time). Thursday night we will be getting together with the other families from his company to make up the "SAM" bags for the guys who have no family there. I'll finally get to meet a lot of the family members that i've chatted with over the past 3 months. Hopefully get a good night sleep. Friday is graduation, starting at 10:00 AM and let's just hope I don't need the Bounty that everyone is talking about. I've heard that there is a long line waiting to get off the island, so i've volunteered to help out with giving out the bags. Then we'll head on home and I'll get to have him here for 10 short days. Then off to his next course of training.

I am so very, very proud of my Josh. Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement, I know it's meant a lot to him and me. I'll post pictures as soon as I can, you can bet between me and Mom, we'll have a ton of them.

4 comments:

Michele said...

CONGRATS to Josh! I can't even imagine how proud you are of him and how excited you are that you will be able to see him in a few days! Have a safe trip and much fun!

Wendy said...

I know you are as proud as a peacock! Have a Safe Trip!

Love you

Missy Glave said...

Congratulations to Josh! I know you are all so very proud of him. I'm sure the graduation ceremony will be amazing. I can not wait to see the pictures.

Take good care and welcome home Josh!

Judi said...

I can't wait to see some pictures!