Saturday, March 15, 2008
Adoption Event
Today we had another adoption event at the Humane Society. Yes Judi, I forgot my camera....again! lol Wish I wouldn't have tho, they had some great dogs and cats out there today. We ended up taking 5 adult dogs, 4 puppies, 4 cats and a parakeet...honestly, who can't take care of a parakeet? Anyways, all of the puppies, 3 out of the 5 dogs, and the parakeet all got adopted!!! Woo Hoo!! It's really hard tho, I get so attached to them in such a short period of time. I just have to remember what one of the other volunteers said...Saving lives, one animal at a time. Of course, there was one that totally captured my heart. Whiskey man, what an awesome guy. 3 years old, beautiful guy, well mannered. He was "surrendered" because he wouldn't stay inside the invisible fence. Duh?!?!?! So you're going to give up a dog cause you can't keep him in the yard?? What is wrong with people. Hopefully he'll find a new home, with a better family who'll love him forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I can't believe no camera. Are you sure you are my sister? LOL I know you have better things on your mind than a camera. It really is a great thing you are doing!! I have a friend who actually goes to the shelters and takes what ever animals that she thinks will have a hard time getting adopted and fines homes for them or keeps them herself. We have gotten all the cats from her. She is amazing. She took a lot of animals after the fires because there wasn't any place for them. The new Cat "Toda" is a fire cat.
USE YOUR CELL PHONE CAMERA!!
I am so sorry I didn't make it yesterday, I loved it so much last time. We were slammed yesterday, had Pitch hit and run at the ball field till 3 and then got our taxes done at 6. All is GOOD!!
I love it that you help with the animals, I always thought you would be a vet when you grew up.
LOVE YOU
Thanks so much you 2. Your encouragement means a lot to me. Love you both!!
ditto with what your sisters said i do think this is great wish i could do that.love
Post a Comment