Saturday, May 9, 2009

Oh where oh where......



This past week we have had some seriously scary storms here. Thunder and lightening, torrential rains, VERY high winds. It's been pretty bad. Thursday night was one of those storms, between bouts of wind and rain, I went out front to assess any damage we may have gotten. Noticed that my neighbors had half a tree down and my flag pole with flag had broken off half way. Just figured the flag was on it's way to SC to be with Josh. Buck has been out power washing the house and called me out to see something. Guess what he found on the roof of our house? Yep, you guessed it, the runaway flag. So I guess the next couple of days he'll be racking his brain on how to get it down lol These pictures were taken with me hanging over the deck as far as I could get.

*Update* Not 30 minutes after I posted this, the flag was rescued lol

3 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

SOOOOOO GLAD to hear the poor flag on rescured, bet it was scared to Death nobody would find him----now I will sleep better knowing alls well and ends well.

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

once more with feeling---and correct spelling----"sooo glad to hear the poor flag was rescued, bet it was scared to death nobody would find him up on the roof----"

Judi said...

I know those winds can be scary!!