Sunday, January 20, 2008

Busy Weekend

So, what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, has turned out to be a very busy one. With my sister Wendy's help and encouragement and the great encouragement by my other sister Judi and my incredible mother, I have finally set our store up on Etsy. Check out the link on the side. Wow, what a lot of work, but I sure hope it pans out. Mom and I have been making jewelry for a little over a year now. We've had so much fun and just love creating new pieces, and just spending time together. Would be great if we could make a profit off of it. The whole craft show thing got old, real quick.

Every other Sunday I volunteer with the Humane Society. Our local Petsmart has been great about allowing us to bring in cats for adoption. Just since November 1st, we have 24 adoptions. I am a HUGE animal lover, so that is right down my alley. Only problem is, I want to bring most of them home lol. Poor Buck, he couldn't handle another cat with his allergies. So this is a good way for me "get my fix", and do something for a good cause. In February we'll be doing a joint adoption effort with our local animal control. It's a Midnight Madness adoption thing at animal control. Get to wear my jammies and hopefully find some good homes for these needy animals.
In June they'll be doing a Mutt Strut where we meet in the park, walking some of the adoptable dogs. So family beware, I'll be looking for some sponsors.

2 comments:

Judi said...

Cool! Cool! I didn't even know you were doing this. Great first couple of posts. You have the hang of it now. Keep Posting!!

Wendy said...

Judi and I have an idea on the fund raiser thing. Great post, love that layout on the side!