Was an awesome day today. Spent the morning with Mom making jewelry and just hanging out. It's been a long time since we've done that. Had to go the animal shelter in the afternoon for a special "Moonlight Madness" adoption event that was being held all over the area. What a great time! Wendy and Mom surprised me with a visit, I think they fell in love almost as many times as I did. Unfortunately I didn't get to take any pictures, only came home with a poopy shirt to show for it. But it was SO worth it. Three dogs really captured my heart. First there was a little lab mix puppy, who was nothing but a sweetheart. A couple adopted her before I could get her, I think she found a good home with them. There was another lovie that was already adopted, what a sweetheart he was. The last one was a little pup that they had listed as a pit mix. Bless her little heart, all these people were coming in, of course being attracted to all the other more lively dogs. She just laid there on her cot, shaking. Was breaking my heart. Just before my time was over, I went in and sat with her. Started trying to cox her a bit with some food, and she finally came around. The poor thing was starving, probably hadn't gone to the bathroom or had anything to eat or drink all day. I so wanted to bring her home, but I hope she'll find a loving, forever home with the right family.
Tomorrow, off to Petsmart and hopefully find more homes lol
Hope everyone had just as good of a day!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I so loved visiting the shelter, wish I could have taken most of them home
LOVE YOU!
What a wonderful thing you are doing. You know I believe there are dogs in heaven. I think they will all be waiting to jump all over you for what you have done for them. I don't think I could volunteer. I would want to take them all home.
No more once a week Blogs. You have to keep up. LOL
Well thanks for the praise, you know i've always been animal crazy. It's very hard to walk away and leave them, and i'll try and work on the blog improvement lol
Post a Comment